Thoughts About The Presidential Election
It’s just four days before the national debate for the Presidential Election on Wednesday, October 3, 2012. I’ll be listening to it carefully, and I want you to do the same. It may be the most important decision you will ever make.
The United States of America is at a crossroads.
I made my choice four years ago, and have never changed my mind about the integrity of Barack Obama. Who else has inherited such a list of problems?
Look at this short list of his accomplishments:
1. Passed Health Care Reform
2. Passed the Stimulus, creating more than 3,000,000 jobs
3. Passed Wall Street Reform
4. Ended the War in Iraq and began bringing troops home
5. Ordered Osama Bin Laden killed
6. Aided the automobile industry
7. Helped banks recover
8. Repealed “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell”
9. Toppled Moammar Gaddafi
10. Reversed Bush Torture Policies
11. Aided Federal Student Loan Program
12. Started $4.35 billion of grants for education reform
13. Boosted Fuel Efficiency Standards so that fuel economy will rise.
14. Coordinated International Response to Financial Crises
15. Passed Mini Stimuli to help families hurt by recession
16. Increased Support for Veterans
17. Tightened Sanctions on Iran
18. Began the process to close the dirtiest power plants
19. Passed Credit Card Reforms
20. Passed Pay Equity Laws
And that is only twenty, published in the Washington Monthly magazine. There are hundreds more.
You can be sure that Barack Obama takes his job seriously. He has seen the craziness, the selfishness and the dangerous actions of the opposition, and knows that it must stop before it cripples the nation.
People see the man’s character. It shines through—the honesty, sincerity, determination, caring, intelligence, preparedness, and so many more admirable traits. And he gets things done.
VOTE FOR BARACK OBAMA in 2012! You couldn’t do anything better with your voting privilege.
Gene K. Garrison